Sunday, September 7, 2008

welcome home J


Our neighbor J came home yesterday morning after being in Iraq for the past 3 months. All the neighbors planned to be out in the street to welcome him home when he pulled up... in true Sienna Bluffs Trail fashion. Originally he was supposed to get home at like 3 am....but then it was changed to 6:30am which was much better for all of us! We all made stuff for breakfast (I made burritos with egg, chorizo and potatoes). The kids painted signs for J, Javi played a CD that he made last 4th of July with a bunch of "America" songs on it and blasted the speaker from our office window at 7 in the morning...good thing all the neighbors were outside! I walked home to get something and found Trey and Doan dancing to the music and watching their shadows on the wall...it was so cute!!!


we hung outside for a little while then came home and Trey and I did some crafts...we made these cute Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle talking puppets! Trey colored them all by himself except the purple one Leonardo, he wanted me to color that one. He is a pretty good little artist!
Then we went in the pool about noon....it was really hot outside and the pool was slightly cold but very refreshing!!! Gina and the kids came over and swam with us. When I was at Target on Friday, they had all their summer/pool stuff on clearance and I found this cute little boat for Talan for next summer. It plays music when he touches the pictures on the front. It was on sale for $3 from $15....pretty great deal I thought! We decided to try it out yesterday and Talan loved the water...he was so relaxed!



Here is Trey with a grasshopper that he caught (he loves holding them)...he wanted to keep it so Javi punched holes in one of my candle jars and let Trey put the grasshopper in it. Last night I let the poor little guy go so he didn't die in the jar and this morning Trey woke up so upset asking for his grasshopper!The kids cooling off and enjoying some pineapple sorbet...

1 comment:

Kristen and Ryan said...

my mom couldn't believe how big talan's belly looked in that one picture by the pool! so fun!