Friday, September 26, 2008

fun at the zoo

we've lived here for over 2 years now and I'm embarrassed to say that we hadn't been to the zoo...until today. My friend Kristen is back in town with her 2 kids so me a date to go to the zoo this morning. It was really fun...it's kinda small but that's what I liked about it. Metro Zoo in Miami is way too spread out and it takes too long to walk through it. Trey has never been to the. zoo..at least not that I can remember...or that he can remember for that matter.


We saw the elephants...

Trey got to pet a ball python snake and a blue tongued skink...
He was really excited about the tortoises ...
but the best part by far....was feeding the giraffes! Check out that tongue!!!! Trey was a little scared and I must admit that big long tongue coming at you IS kinda scary. This video is too funny!

Seriously can you believe that tongue??? Trey thinks he's a monkey....

Trey had a blast playing in the little splash playground area...until he realized that his clothes got all wet...


Sawyer looking soooo cute....
(Kristen I need to send you this picture)

Polar Bears in Tucson???? Who would have ever thought?



There are 2 loops that you can walk through at the zoo. One of them has all the "normal" zoo animals and the other loop is South America...it has really weird animals. The funny thing is that when we got there and walked up to the map, all the animals were the same animals from Diego (jaguar, llama, cayman, cappyberra, spectacled bear and some others) I always wondered why Diego was always rescuing such strange animals.....duh maybe because he's in South America?!? It all makes sense now and it was like being at a little "Diego Zoo".


And before we went home we had to make a flattened penny souvenir
We had fun visiting with Kristen, Kate and Sawyer...by the way Kristen, Trey is mad that he never got to go to Kate's birthday! When we got home he asked me when her birthday was and I told him that it had already passed this year and he said (all upset) "but i never went to her birthday party!!!" I wish you guys still lived here so we could do fun play dates like this more often!

1 comment:

Kristen and Ryan said...

oh my goodness, that picture of sawyer is SOOO cute! you sure brought out a big smile!
it was SO fun to see you guys today! I am sad that we aren't closer to hang out more....and sad we didn't hang out more when I was closer!
I LOVED catching up kelley! you're so fun!