Saturday, January 10, 2009

Talan is holding his bottle...almost

Talan has started holding his own bottle...and I it's definitely a milestone that I am so excited about!!! He still hasn't mastered it and you have to be right there to help in case it totally falls but he is doing very good. And Trey is just AMAZED! The first time he saw it he said, "Mommy Talan can eat by himself?" Yesterday he tried a new grip and it works really well....a little smile break...

Yesterday Trey didn't take a nap...then late in the afternoon Javi and I were cleaning up around the house because we were having a few people over to watch the Cardinals game and Javi couldn't find Trey. He was walking around the house calling his name....and nothing. Javi said he started getting a little scared....and then he found him....(it's like where's waldo) Trey had fallen asleep in the corner of his room on the floor and from the door to his room you can't see him because he was hidden behind the bed. Trey has so much energy and he just keeps going (we call him the energizer bunny) and then in the blink of an eye he is crashed sleeping just like that with no warning at all...it's pretty funny!

So I had to take Trey to the doctor on Friday (it seems like I'm at the doctor every Friday with one of the boys) because he had a really red rash on his cheeks. The diagnosis.....FIFTHS DISEASE. I hate that it's got the word "disease" in there but it's really not a big deal according to the doctor. He was contagious a week before the rash broke out (so now I have to watch for Talan to get it...GREAT!!!) but there are no other complications other than the rash and there is no treatment for it. It's called "Slapped cheek syndrome" because the redness looks like their little cheeks got slapped. And then the rash spreads to the arms and legs and looks "lacey". He wouldn't let me take a picture of it so I got one while he was sleeping. Notice the rash on his arms too now....


No comments: