Sunday, October 26, 2008

vacation is over


Well it has been a fun week and our long awaited vacation is over way too soon! We spent a week visiting with my family in Tampa. After months of planning this trip....it came and went in the blink of an eye and we are back home in Tucson....and have to go back to work tomorrow!


We got to my parent's house last Saturday (10/18). Javi's dad and Deidra, Brad and the kids came to visit us for the night. It was so great to see them....Allie is already one (and absolutely adorable) and this is the first time we have seen her! It's amazing how the age gap between Cameron and Trey had almost closed! The last time they saw each other Trey was practically a baby (18 months old)! Now they are the same size! Deidra was even saying how weird it is that they always referred to Trey as "Baby Trey"...they grow up so fast!!!


I wish we could have had more time to visit and hang out.....I miss you guys!!!


Sunday morning we woke up and went to Busch Gardens with Andy, Jody and Kim. We had a great time! Trey got to ride on his first "adult" ride.....the log flume! Sorry Trey, it was a little scarier than I remembered. Here is a picture of us on the ride...it's hilarious when you see it zoomed way in on my camera to see Trey's facial expression! I think he was more upset about getting wet than he was scared of the drop!

(you can barely see Trey's head over the top of the log)




Monday we just hung out around the house and my Grandparents came over to visit. My dad and Andy took Trey fishing in the woods behind the house. He caught his first fish (actually 5 or 6 of them) he liked the smaller ones better because he was too scared to hold the bigger ones.

Trey had such a great time all week with my dad. He loved riding on Grandpa's buggy! Every time my dad went outside...Trey ran out the door after him saying "where's grandpa?" He's gonna miss my dad and I'm sure my dad is gonna miss hanging out with him too! He helped my dad pick vegetables in his garden too.



There are cows on the property next to my mom and dad's.....Trey thinks they are Nana's cows! Usually the cows will come right up and let you feed them...but these cows were a little too scared. They got pretty close but wouldn't come all the way up to the fence.
My mom took us to the Derby (dog track) where Ryan works. My mom and Jody are on a roll and win big every time they go. Jody was the only winner this night ($200) but we all had a great time. Trey loved running around all night (of course). When we picked Ryan up from his house he answered the door wearing sunglasses and a funny mullet wig! I wish I got a picture of it. But here is Andy and Trey wearing the wig! Business in the front and party in the back! It makes me laugh every time I look at it!Tuesday we spent the whole day at Fort De Soto Beach (St. Pete). It was a beautiful day and we had a great time! We built the best sand castle on the beach....we'll Jody, Andy and Javi did...I just supervised!

Mom sat with Talan under the umbrella.....


Trey's favorite thing was throwing sand at the seagulls!
After the beach we drove to the pier and watched the dolphins...it was really neat! They come right up at the pier waiting for the fisherman to reel their fish in or drop them back into the water....I guess we were there right at their dinner time!
on Wednesday we went to Tropicana field to tailgate for game one of the World Series! We got there at 1:30 in the afternoon for the 8:30 game (the gates didn't open until 3). We were practically the first ones in the gate when they opened....
Notice how there are no cars in the parking lot....

The guys played a game with some friends that we met (we parked next to them). It's called Corn hole or bean hole or tailgate toss (whatever you want to call it)

Well we were addicted all week!!! The next day we were gonna try to build one ourselves but we found one at Walmart on clearance. We figured that would be much easier and then we could go back home and play right away. Only one problem......
...it was an FSU tailgate toss game! YUCK!!! Javi says he spit on it first before we started playing! We played that game every night until we couldn't see anymore or got too eaten up by the bugs or had too much to drink! It was so fun! By the way, today I went to Wal mart to get groceries and guess what I found? A University of Arizona tailgate toss game on clearance!!!! I am so excited...I can't wait to play!


We were supposed to go to a new water park in Orlando called Aquatica on Thursday but the weather was terrible (70% chance of rain and very overcast) so we decided to stay home! I was pretty disappointed since I was so looking forward to that! Ivan was in town from Puerto Rico for a baseball tournament and he came over to my parents and spent the day with us (playing tailgate toss)...he spent the night and left on Friday. It was great to see him too!


That pretty much sums up our trip...I'm sure I'm leaving some stuff out but you are probably tired of reading by now anyway! Not to mention that it has taken me practically all day to post about our busy week!!!

1 comment:

Kristen and Ryan said...

WOW, that was a long post! but your vacation sounds fun! I was looking at your blog thinking "where is kelley?" and then I saw you closed your shop and I remembered the vacation you've been planning since way back when I was still working!!
glad you guys had fun! can't wait to start my vacation!