Friday, October 3, 2008

Haircut Fiasco

Since we were so afraid of Trey losing his curls when he had his haircut (because that's what happened to Javi's hair when he was little) he really never went anywhere to have a haircut except when he was 7 and 9 months old! Other than that, I've been cutting his hair myself! But lately I can't seem to get it even enough for my liking so I decided I would take him somewhere and really watch how the PROFESSIONAL hairstylist cut his hair and then I could start doing it again at home! Well let me tell you, Javi was so afraid to let me take him anywhere....he wants me to do it but gets mad at me every time because he says that I cut it too short! By the way, now Javi has me cutting his hair too....he must not think I do that bad of a job. But yes, for the past few months I'm the only one who has cut Javi's hair!!! I know, I do it all......I run a one stop shop here at my house! LOL!!!

Anyway, back to our experience today at the barber shop. I took Trey to a place called Sports Buzz Haircuts (I think the name is what really had Javi scared) bc they don't have any cute "little kid" places to go here like Cartoon Cuts in Miami. This was semi child friendly. We walked in and he started crying immediately....."I want you to cut my hair" He ripped off the paper she put around his neck so he wouldn't itch, then he ripped the black apron off! Oh gosh I thought to myself....he goes to the dentist and doctor with no problem at all but he won't get his haircut???? The girl was good...she got him right up in the chair and started cutting ,while he was crying and all. He cried the whole time and kept saying over and over again, "I WANT MY DADDY!!!" She was done in like 5 minutes and it was all over (I got some good pointers too).
We got a lollipop, paid our bill and we were out the door. I told Trey we could get a treat if he got his haircut and while we were there, I asked him if he wanted to go get ice cream and he said, "No, I want a mint". Last night we went to eat Chinese and they have those after dinner mints that melt in your mouth...he's been talking about them ever since. So that was his reward....we went to the grocery store across the street and got him his mints....


I think his haircut looks really cute...let's hope Javi thinks so too!

1 comment:

Kristen and Ryan said...

I thought boys weren't supposed to come with so much drama?! haha
I'm sure kate would do the same thing....if her hair was ever long enough to cut!
trey's hair seems to be holding the curl well!