I am totally addicted to the show Jon & Kate plus 8!!! Now that I'm home alot...I am always watching re-run episodes. I think she is an amazing woman to be able to survive with 8 kids!!!! And she is so organized! Anyway, I saw a few episodes where she made "monkey munch" for her kids and in one of them, the sextuplets were running around the house chanting "monkey munch, monkey munch, monkey munch". I thought it would be something Trey would like and have fun helping me make since it's pretty easy. So today I went to the grocery store and got all the ingredients and waited for Trey to get home from school to help me make it. At first all he wanted to do was eat the chocolate chips (he is a chocoholic), then he tasted one bite of it when it was done but still wanted the chocolate chips. So I spread it out on the counter and told him to try it again. Now he is walking around the kitchen saying, "yummm, I love this" and he's already eaten half of what we just made.
Oh by the way, Javi doesn't like the show at all...he won't sit in the room with me when I watch it so when he saw us making the monkey munch, he looked at the recipe I had printed out and it says "MONKEY MUNCH RECIPE FROM JON AND KATE PLUS 8"...he rolled his eyes and said "oh gosh". He thinks I'm obsessed....I think he's right!
Monkey Munch from Jon and Kate Plus 8
20 min 5 min prep
SERVES 18 , 9 cups
· 9 cups Chex cereal (any variety)
· 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
· 1/2 cup peanut butter
· 1/4 cup butter or margarine
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
· 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. Put chex in a large bowl and put aside.
2. Place chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter into a quart-sized microwavable bowl.
3. Stir the ingredients together.
4. Microwave the mixture uncovered for a minute on "high." Stir the mix again and continue to zap in thirty second intervals until it mixes smoothly.
5. Add the vanilla and stir.
6. Put combination into a 2-gallon, Ziploc freezer bag.
7. Add powdered sugar, seal the bag and shake until distributed.
8. Spread Monkey Munch out on wax paper to cool and dry.
9. Keep refrigerated in an airtight container for storage.
20 min 5 min prep
SERVES 18 , 9 cups
· 9 cups Chex cereal (any variety)
· 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
· 1/2 cup peanut butter
· 1/4 cup butter or margarine
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
· 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. Put chex in a large bowl and put aside.
2. Place chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter into a quart-sized microwavable bowl.
3. Stir the ingredients together.
4. Microwave the mixture uncovered for a minute on "high." Stir the mix again and continue to zap in thirty second intervals until it mixes smoothly.
5. Add the vanilla and stir.
6. Put combination into a 2-gallon, Ziploc freezer bag.
7. Add powdered sugar, seal the bag and shake until distributed.
8. Spread Monkey Munch out on wax paper to cool and dry.
9. Keep refrigerated in an airtight container for storage.

1 comment:
That is so funny! I love that show too! So how is it? Maybe I can get my "boys" in the kitchen and have them do it! (Yeah right! Andy and Dave cook... HA!)
-Jody
Post a Comment