Sunday, August 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Erica

Today is Erica's birthday and we went this afternoon to the El Conquistador Hotel to spend the afternoon with her. They have a pool with a slide and Trey had a blast on it! He is officially a swimmer now and refuses to wear his floaties. I packed a new pair of Ninja Turtle floaties for him in our beach bag and he was upset with me for even bringing them....needless to say they were never even opened while we were at the pool today. He honestly doesn't need them...he just swims all around. He has no fear at all and while I am so proud of him for being such a big boy, it kinda scares me at the same time. When we got to the pool with the water slide, Trey went down (on Javi's lap) with no problem at all....we couldn't keep him off the slide in fact. There was a little boy there who was like 8 years old that was crying because he didn't want to go on the slide with his dad! Now that Trey knows how to swim he will run over to the pool and just jump right in..even if no one is in the pool to catch or help him and that's when the nervous mother in me comes out! Can you blame me?
We had a great time celebrating Erica's birthday with her...here are some of the pictures of us in the pool. Did I mention the amazing views of the mountains at the hotel from the pool???? ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!

Tio Frankie, Javi and Trey in the pool....

Javi and Trey coming down the slide the first time......

I spent most of the day on the sidelines with Talan...but I couldn't resist going down the slide with Trey a few times....it just looked like so much fun! And it was! He is so cute, he would laugh and giggle the whole way down!
Talan lounging in his stroller by the pool enjoying the shade and breeze!!! Poor baby, I know his head is a bit tilted but everytime I tried to fix it, it would go right back! Now that I see the picture I feel bad...it looks so uncomfortable!!!

1 comment:

Kristen and Ryan said...

funny you asked about those onesies!! I'm about to start an etsy shop selling them! I have all the materials, I just need to buy a better iron so that the iron on stuff will actually work. (I did a test run last night and they totally didn't!) I'm really excited. so keep an eye on your mailbox for a super cute (and super late!) present for talan!