Friday, August 15, 2008

Back to Work



After 6 weeks of being home with Talan, I went back to work yesterday..... temporarily because our other hygienist was sick. They called me from the office Tuesday to see if I could work Wednesday and Thursday. My first thought was....."UM.....um.....um....." but I thought one day would be okay so I told them I would cover Thursday's schedule. When I hung up the stress kicked in. I had a day to figure out the schedule and get everything ready for Talan to go to school with Trey! Like a psycho mom, I made a list of all the things that I thought were important for Cheryl (their babysitter/teacher) to know about Talan. It was kinda nice to get out of the house for a day and also a nice little trial run for when I go back to work permanently in October. It went really smoothly I have to say....I got up and fed Talan then got myself ready to go and was out of the house by 6:15 am so Javi took Trey and Talan to school. And how great is he because he remembered to take a picture of them before he left. Even I forgot to do that....

By 5 p.m. I was absolutely exhausted!!! After dinner Javi went into the garage and screamed for me to come out there. There was a HUGE frog going to the bathroom (#2) in our garage!!! I think frogs are gross but I think Javi hates them even more than me! We didn't know what to do but we knew we needed to get him out of there! I tried to scoot him out with the broom but I kept getting grossed out even more every time I moved him....I just couldn't do it. Here's a story...a few weeks ago when my sisters were here visiting we had another frog (or maybe the same one) in our garage and my sister Kim got it out for us. I heard that she got it out but i didn't see how she did it. Last night while we were trying to figure out how we were gonna get this gross thing outside I asked Javi how Kim did it. He said she just grabbed it and threw it over the fence out the side door of the garage....WHAT?!?! WITH HER HANDS?????? I couldn't believe it! I told Javi he was the man of the house and he was gonna have to get it out....but he couldn't. SO I called Pablo (our neighbor) and told him to get over to our house now!!!!! He was laughing so hard at me. Their whole family came over and he chased the frog half way around the garage before finally catching it in a bucket. We were all running around screaming while he was running with the bucket before the frog jumped out! It was quite a site for what some people would just consider a measly little frog in their garage. After all that was over and the frog was out of our garage and yard....guess who had to clean up all the poop? Yep I made Javi do it. The weird thing is that we don't know how they keep getting in our garage but we've had a couple of them die in there and boy do they stink up the place! YUCK!!!!!

After working all day and this whole frog ordeal I was too tired to even blog about it last night....and boy am I glad that I still have 6 weeks left before I have to go back to work. It was a nice reminder for me to enjoy every little bit of time I have left of my maternity leave....and I intend to do just that!!!

2 comments:

Kristen and Ryan said...

I can't even imagine working....and sawyer is, what, 3 1/2 months old! way to go!! it probably made things easier that you were formula feeding. way to be so prepared, I am totally a list person. I makes lists of things to bring for when I take my kids to an hour of gym daycare!
and that frog....eewww!! I totally could not do that. I hope someday if I have a frog in my garage that I have a neighbor as nice as you do!

Anonymous said...

This has to be the same frog that was moving the eliptical machine around and woke me out of a deep sleep,OMG he's digusting.I know he must be working out with Javi's weights.Miss you guys,The baby is getting so big I can't get over it.Say hello to Trey and Javi Love and kisses ..Aunt Sandy