So today started off great but went really bad at lunch time....I had an hour and a half until my next patient so I decided I would go to Target to get a few things I needed. By the way Target is less than 5 minutes from work. I didn't have a patient until 1:00 pm. So I checked out at Target at 12:20 p.m. figuring I would have time to get back (5 minutes away) and get ready for my next patient. WELL......that didn't exactly happen. On June 1st one of our Tucson police officers was shot and killed in an across town shooting spree and today was his funeral. In the time I had been in Target every police officer and fire fighter in Arizona had set up road blocks at every intersection that could possibly lead me back to work! I was stuck and couldn't get to work! I drove around trying to get back to the office from every direction I could think of from 12:20 until after 2p.m.....no luck...that's when I gave up and decided I was going to just cancel the rest of my patients and go home! I was so frustrated, thirsty and HOT (it was 104 degrees today). I still can't believe that I clocked out for lunch and 3 hours later I still couldn't get back!!! So I picked Trey up from school and headed home....but we stopped at Cold Stone first for some Ice Cream. I really needed it!
When we got home Trey wanted to play with Mr. Potato Head in his room so I got it all out for him. I was on the couch watching the news trying to see if there were any other angry people in town that missed a half of a day of work like me. Trey came out to me with his Mr. Potato Head Family that he had dressed like Daddy, Mommy and Trey. I thought it was so cute I had to take a picture to share with you all. My personal favorite is Trey and Mommy's ears...they are tongues. Actually both of Trey's are but he gave me one regular ear and one tongue. LOL!!!

2 comments:
I was thinking about you guys today and wondering if any of your patients had a hard time making it to their appointments...who knew the hygienist would be having all the trouble! we DO need to get together. I have lots to do but I am unscheduled so let me know what is good for you
The reason for the tongues are because he ran out of ears. Nana.
Post a Comment