Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

When I asked Javi what he wanted to do for Father's Day, he told me that all he wanted to do was hang out by the pool all day. We put our bathing suits on and went outside right after breakfast and it's a good thing because it got really cloudy and overcast by 12:30 which is very unusual for Tucson...they say Monsoon season is starting early this year...this week even. I'm excited! I never thought I would say that I was excited to see rain but when you only see it a few months out of the year...you do start looking forward to it. Anyway we spent all day Saturday in the pool so we weren't too upset when we had to come inside today. I asked Javi if he wanted to go somewhere for dinner (since he took me to such an amazing brunch for Mother's Day) and he said he wanted to stay home...so I asked him what he wanted me to make him. He picked Tacos. What a disaster that was!!!! I had grease popping everywhere and the tortillas all opened up so they ended up being more like meat sandwiches than folded tacos...they tasted good though so I guess that's all that matters...but boy were they messy! After dinner we went outside with Trey to play for a little while...he was playing with his Diego water backpack and I love this picture because you can see how much Zoe loves when he plays with it too...she tries to drink the water while he is squirting it (look at her tongue in the picture).



This is what Trey made for Javi at school for Father's Day. It's a life size picture of himself. It is colored exactly in what he had on at school that day. Cheryl always has the kids make the best gifts for us!


Oh this last picture is pretty cool...today while I was in the pool laying on the raft I looked up and realized that the sun had a rainbow around it...I have never seen that before. So Javi took a picture of it and you can see it pretty good.




No comments: