Monday, May 12, 2008

Cold Pillow

For those of you that don't know...this is Trey's "Cold Pillow". About a year ago for my birthday I asked Javi to get me a sewing machine (another hobby my friend Kristen turned me on to). I had honestly never sewed before in my life...no I didn't even take home economics in high school. So I figured I would start with something as simple as a square pillow. I found this cute panel for making a pillow with a picture of Diego on it and I figured it would be perfect for Trey......little did I know what would come of this Diego pillow that Trey now can't live without. He calls it his cold pillow because the fabric gets cold when it just sits around so he grabs it, hugs onto it and bites the corners of it! The funny thing is that Javi is the same with pillows...well he doesn't bite them. LOL! He sleeps with like 5 pillows and rotates them in the middle of the night to keep them cold. It's funny because Trey just picked that up from him. Like father like son I guess. Anyway this pillow is pretty disgusting because he carries it all over the house in his mouth so the corners are all chewed and hard. And when I have to wash it....he freaks out. Especially when I give it to him hot out of the dryer, he hates it! Trey never had a blanket or a toy that he had to sleep with when he was a baby. It all started with this Diego pillow. I've had to sew it back together so many times because it falls apart from being washed so much. One day while I was sewing it, he was actually sitting next to me biting it while it went through my sewing machine! Crazy I tell you! So I decided I would make him a nice new cold pillow with sports balls all over it...but nope...not the same, he won't have anything to do with it! Look what I started, all with my first sewing project!


No comments: