Sunday, October 18, 2009

new haircut and batman tent

We gave Talan another haircut tonight. The last time we did it, I decided it might be easier to use Javi's clippers instead of scissors...I was so right! But we didn't know which guard to use since we had never cut Talan's hair with the clippers before. We decided to start high just in case and we used a #7. It was cute but needed to be shorter...in a week it was grown out and he needed another haircut...it was especially long around and behind his ears. So tonight when we were getting started, Javi said we should start with a #5 and I said NO WAY...at least a #4 if not a #3...because I didn't want to have to cut it again in a week! Have I mentioned that Talan is a difficult baby?!?! So Javi put the #4 on and I started cutting. He was sooo mad at me!!! You should have heard him...the funny thing is that he does the same thing (completely freaks out) every time I cut either of the boys hair! I admit that we should have used the #5 but it turned out cuter than I thought when I was cutting...to be honest, I was freaking out a little myself but I was too busy laughing at Javi's reaction to worry at the time. It's a little short but he's still adorable!!!
After dinner I was putting clothes away and saw the batman tent that we haven't built since Trey's 4th birthday in the hotel room in California. I decided to surprise him and build the tent for him....he was so excited...and so was Talan!!! Talan was driving Trey nuts and him yelling at his little brother to stop was in turn, driving me nuts!!! So I got a few cute pictures of them both in the tent together but don't let the smiles fool you, it was mostly fighting and yelling!
Then I put Talan in bed so Trey could enjoy his tent. He got all geared up and is having a blast playing without his little brother bothering him.
Oh that reminded me of something that happened earlier this morning. Talan likes to walk around the house swinging one of Trey's plastic golf clubs. He's dangerous! Well today he whacked Trey right in the forehead with it and Trey started crying! He kept saying "Talan is such a mean baby!" Little does Trey know that his "baby brother" is going to grow up to be bigger than him and I bet he even bullies Trey around a little.....

4 comments:

LEMONPOOH said...

where can I find a tent like that I love it.. my nephew would love it also...

thankyou..

Anonymous said...

where did you get that tent???????????????????? I want one for myself.

Jparm said...

This tent is really cool! Where did you find it or did you make it? I have been looking everywhere for a batman tent for my godson's birthday! Please let me know if you can.
Thank you :)

kjohnson said...

That tent is exactly what I've been looking for! Where did you find it? !