
For those who don't already know, Talan is sick again! He had a little fever on Sunday and I just assumed it was his molars that are coming in. He did pull on his ears 2 or 3 times too so I thought maybe he had an ear infection starting. Then he woke up a fever again on Monday morning (100.8) so I figured I should probably take him to the doctor to have him checked out even though his only symptom was the fever other than that he seemed pretty normal to us. So we took him to the doctor and she said she thought it might be the H1N1 virus (swine flu) and Javi and I were both like.."WHAT!?!" that was the last thing that I thought it could possibly be but she wanted to test him bc if it was the virus, she wanted to get him on the medicine (Tamiflu) right away. So they swabbed his nose and 5 minutes later....the test was POSITIVE!!! My poor little baby is sick again with the swine flu!!!! Thank god we took him in when we did and his doctor caught it in time bc last night I was reading about the Tamiflu that he is taking and it says that if its started early enough, it actually stops the virus! And it seems like it has bc he doesn't even have a fever anymore. We will still be home with him for the rest of the week and we are all being very careful and CLEAN so hopefully no one else in the house gets sick!

The signs of the H1N1 virus aren't like the seasonal flu. The main symptoms are fever and a cough. Not vomiting and diarrhea like most people associate with the flu. However Talan never even had a cough. If I learned one valuable thing from this....its that I will never hesitate to take my kids to the doctor even if I think "it's not a big deal"!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment