Thursday, October 29, 2009

Crazy Hair Day

Today the boys had their Halloween party at school. It was "crazy hair" day. When I asked Trey a couple days ago what he wanted to do to his hair on crazy hair day, he said he wanted me to paint it blue and green. So I got blue hair spray (but not green). This morning I woke up extra early so I could do his hair...I just brushed it out to make it big and frizzy and sprayed it blue....we when he looked in the mirror he freaked out and said, "Get it out, everyone is gonna laugh at me!" while he was rubbing his hair to remove the blue paint! I was kinda frustrated and mad since it was his idea to spray paint his hair blue in the first place! He wanted to take a shower to get the color out of his hair. I told him I would do Talan's hair too and that seemed to make him feel better and then he was okay with it...whew, thank god!!! I barely had enough time to do his hair in the first place, giving him a shower and started the morning all over would have made me REALLY late to work!

Talan was a little grouchy this morning...can you tell? He wouldn't let me take his pacifier out to take these pictures (what a surprise).



At school they made these really cute spider hats....



Talan wouldn't keep his on...huh another surprise...he's so co-operative! LOL!!!

Now let me tell you about my "Martha Stewart gone wrong" Halloween treat idea...cute little chocolate candy bar spiders. They looked so cute and simple to make in the recipe book...why is it that nothing in those books is ever as easy as it seems??? I sat down Tuesday night to make these cute little critters and everything went wrong. The chocolate was melting in my fingers, the pretzels were breaking in the wrong places so I would waste like 3 pretzels to make one measly spider leg (each spider needed 6...I know spiders have 8 legs but that's what the recipe called for), I tried to get the chocolate bars cold so they wouldn't melt, then when I tried to stick the pretzels in for legs, the chocolate started cracking and crumbling. It was a total mess and they weren't looking as cute as they did in the pictures...SHOCKER!!! I was so upset I just gave up after 4!!!! I was really disappointed bc I had this idea planned out to make these for the party today for weeks...I even bought this cute little platter for the spiders to go on for display...

Then after I had accepted the fact that it was going to be WAY too hard to make 15 of these little guys...Trey reminded me today after school that I stink as a Martha Stewart mom!!! He said "Mom, we didn't get the spiders that you made at school today" and I said "that's bc I never finished making them"...GGGRRRRR!!!!! Oh well, maybe next year...

No comments: