Wednesday, July 15, 2009

shine your sink

Last night Kandi and I talked on the phone for about an hour and a half catching up...just like old times :) She told me about this website that she has been following and how much she is loving it...it's called FLYLADY.NET. It's a website that was created to help you organize, clean and declutter your house in easy steps. While we were on the phone together last night she was helping me navigate through the site and telling me a little about how it works. The first chore that it wants you to start with is "shinning your kitchen sink"....of course me being so anal about everything, I wanted to get up and shine my sink right then and there. Kandi told me not to be so ridiculous and that I could start tomorrow. So of course, all day long I thought about coming home and shinning my sink. I told you Kandi I have a sickness! LOL!!!

I made a list of all the things I needed (and wanted to get done tonight) and I really didn't think I was going to ever get to shine my sink....but.....

I did it!!! I shined my kitchen sink! First I had to fill it to the top with hot water and one cup of bleach and let it soak for an hour (I only did about 45 mins) then I scrubbed it with comet and also around the faucets, then I rinsed and dried it, then I wiped it down with Windex....and now VIOLA! My squeaky clean shiny kitchen sink!!!

Thanks Kandi for a great new website to follow....I'm so excited! I will try not to be overwhelmed and let it stress me out...after all the site is designed to help simplify things not make life more stressful. It was great talking to my old friend too! :)

1 comment:

Elisa said...

Hi Kelley, I love that site. It's been a favorite of mine for a long time. It makes me want to organize!!!!!