Wednesday, July 15, 2009

birthday bear

Trey got to make a build a bear on his 4th birthday (in Disneyland) and the bear sings the build a bear Happy Birthday song...which I think is so cute bc we will always remember that Trey actually made that bear on his birthday. So for Talan's 1st birthday we thought it would be fun for Trey to make a bear for his little brother. Here's a funny little story...when I told trey we were gonna take him to build a bear so he could make Talan a birthday bear just like his, he said to me with with a huge gasp of excitement, "we are going to Disneyland???" The only build a bear Trey remembers is the one we took him to while we were in Disneyland for HIS birthday. I felt like this fun thing that I had planned for Trey is turning out to be a disappointment for him bc we now we aren't going to Disneyland...we're just going to the boring old mall!Even though it wasn't Disneyland, Trey was really excited. We let him pick everything out himself...well...kinda. He did a great job too...he even picked the birthday t shirt for Talan's bear. His favorite accessory for the bear...the sketcher sneakers.
So Talan has his bear in his crib and he has figured out how to push the button in his hand so I every morning when he wakes up, the first thing I hear on the baby monitor is the build a bear happy birthday song! "From the birthday bear, happy birthday, Happy birthday to you! It's a special day just for you cuz today's the day the world gave us you! Happy Birthday Happy Birthday......." you get the idea! It's a catchy little birthday song that's for sure....especially when you hear it every morning! :)

No comments: