Welcome to our family Talan!!!
Well Talan decided to join our happy family on July 4th....3 weeks ahead of schedule!!! Let me tell you how our crazy night went....We spent the afternoon in the pool, then we went to Javi's Nana's to watch fireworks with Trey. Right after I ate dinner about 6pm I was sitting at the table and said to Javi "I think I'm having a contraction" having no idea what they feel like because I never had them with Trey since he was a scheduled c-section. So I had 2 contractions in about 35 mins and decided to call my doctor. The doctor on call called back and told me to relax, stay off my feet and drink plenty of water. If the contractions were consistantly 7-8 mins apart and taking my breath away to go to the hospital. Well the next thing I know, we start to time them and they are coming every 7 mins but I would say pretty mild. About an hour later and consistant contractions we decided to go to the hospital to get checked...just to be safe...the worst that would happen is they would send me home right? Well we got to triage, they hooked me up to the monitor and I was definiately having pretty strong contractions that were coming every 2 minutes (according to the monitor) I still felt pretty good. The nurse checked my cervix (a change in your cervix is a sign of true labor) and I was dialated 2 centimeters, 80% effaced and a minus 2. The nurse said "I'm gonna call your doctor". She came back and said "your having this baby tonight, she wants us to have you ready for a c-section in 20 mins, she's on her way here now"...
For those of you who know me, know how much of a "planner" I am....we didn't even have our bag packed, no video camera, my doctor wasn't on call so I was going to have a c-section in 20 mins with a doctor I have never even met! Not to mention that my mom is not here because she is arriving on the 24th for my "scheduled" c-section on the 25th! I was starting to freak out a little bit. It was all happening so fast Javi and I couldn't believe it. So at 6 pm I started having contractions, got to the hospital around 8 pm and Talan was born at 10:09 pm 4 weeks early weighing 6 lbs 7 oz., 19 inches long. And as cute as can be! Good thing we came when we did. The doctor also said it was a good thing we did the c-section instead of a VBAC because the umbilical cord was wrapped twice around his neck and the scar on my uterus was really thin and could have easily ruptured with contracions and/or pushing!
Instead of getting to watch the fireworks...we got a little firecracker of our own! I forgot to mention that Javi's Tata Frank passed away on Monday night...Talan was born the night before he was layed to rest so we named him Talan Frank after Javi's grandfather.
Proud Big Brother!
Gina and Talan
He's a little bit harrier than Trey was....

2 comments:
I'm so mad!! You couldn't have held him in a few more weeks??? What's wrong with you?? Geez!! I'm playing! CONGRATS!!! Can't wait to meet him and see everyone! Love ya!
hooray kelley!! what a story! he is HANDSOME. and the middle name is so sweet! I want to know how breastfeeding is going!! and how trey is reacting! what fun!!
Post a Comment