Monday, July 19, 2010

first day of school

My baby boy started school today. Sniff, sniff, sniff.....he was really excited this morning. He even helped me pack his lunch last night, which he has never done before.
of course we posed for a family photo before we left to school...before the tears!


Trey will be going to Kindercottage in the morning and Kindergarten for 3 hours in the afternoon (11:20-2:15) Our school district here in Vail only has 1/2 day Kindergarten so the offer Kindercottage for the other half of the day.

When we got to the Kindercottage classroom, both Trey and Talan felt right at home and started playing with all of the cool stuff they have out. (Later tonight Trey said to us, I don't even care that I can't take my DSi to school bc they have so many toys to play with) :)

There were actually no tears....from any of us! But when we were walking out, Trey wanted to waive to us. He closed the door and re-opened it a couple of times (that's when I was able to snap this picture). I did get a little worried at this point but he did fine. He has a new friend, Gavin, who helps keep him occupied. I am friends with Gavin's mom (and she cuts my hair) and she let me know that when she dropped Gavin off this morning, Trey was doing just fine! The two of them were playing together! That totally made me feel relieved.
After school, he ran up to us with a HUGE smile on his face....and I could tell that he enjoyed his first day! Here his friend and next door neighbor, Doan. Doan is in first grade this year.



They were excited to see each other!





After school, we took Trey to Dairy Queen to celebrate his first day of school....apparently many other parents had the same idea as me bc the place was packed!!!




Here is a video I took as we walked up and Trey saw us for the first time....

No comments: