Friday, April 9, 2010

the great feeling of accomplishment

I decided it was time to REALLY clean out Trey's room and get rid of lots of the toys he doesn't play with anymore! It was getting so hard to straighten up his room bc there just wasn't enough storage for all of his things. I was ready to take on the task...and I wasn't holding back this time. I went to Target and spent $160 on organization stuff. Of course, I intended to tackle this project all day Friday but I got all of the stuff on Wednesday and couldn't wait to get started once I had it home! So I started putting the shelves together Wednesday night and came home Thursday and started in Trey's closet. When Javi got home from work, I told him I had started and to not look bc I was getting rid of LOTS of stuff!!! I set up 3 boxes in the hall way, on to DONATE TO GOODWILL, one to give to CHERYL (the boys babysitter) and one to take to CONSIGNMENT. This is just the beginning of what the piles looked like. They were much bigger once I got finished! :)

Last night as I was pulling stuff out of Trey's room, my hall way (and pretty much the rest of the house) I realized how tight the hallway was getting. I could hardly walk in and out of Trey's room....

I didn't intend to get as far as I did last night but I am proud of how much I actually got done. While Trey's room was a total disaster, he begged me to move his bed (which I was planning on doing Friday) so we moved everything around got his bed set up where he wanted it, and he passed out! With everyone sleeping (even Javi) I was all alone to work with no interruptions....and man did I! I completely put Trey's room back together. This morning I woke up and had everything...and I mean EVERYTHING done by 10am....whew...I am exhausted but feel great about what I accomplished...next up....TALAN'S ROOM!

No comments: