Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Pizza

A few weeks ago we got this pizza stone kit at Costco and I had been wanting to make homemade pizzas. Our neighbor J makes great pizzas (and always invites us over) so I asked him for his recipe...and his mixer! This morning at 10 am I made the dough for the pizza crust...it has to rise for about 5-6 hours. At 5pm we started making pizza.... I had a little trouble rolling out the first of the four pizza crusts....I had to call J for some help (they were invited to come over and eat with us, of course)...they weren't perfect circles but it's okay...they all tasted great. I was VERY tempted to try to make a heart shaped pizza, but since it was my first time, I decided I better just stick to round...or something similar to that anyway. Here are the four uncooked pizzas...Cheese, 1/2 Pepperoni 1/2 Cheese, Pepperoni and Jalapeno and BBQ chicken pizza...


the first pizza going in the oven...This one is BBQ Chicken...YUMMY!!!


It really wasn't that hard...and it was alot of fun! I will definitely be making homemade pizzas again!

No comments: