Saturday, September 12, 2009

my poor little baby

Talan has been sick (very sick) for almost a week now. It started with a fever last Monday and I thought it was just from his molars coming in. Then Tuesday when I woke him up to go to work, he had a fever of 101...so I had to call in sick since daycare won't take them with a fever. I took him to the Dr (our regular Dr was out so we saw another Dr) she said his throat looked red and irritated and that he most likely caught the virus that has been going around. So we went home and over night his fever was 103. I took Tuesday and Wednesday off and planned on going back to work Thursday when all of a sudden Thursday evening around 4;45 I picked Talan up from his highchair and he was burning up!!! He had a fever of 104.5 and I was FREAKING OUT!!! I called the Dr. then Dr. Fuller to tell him I wouldn't be coming in Thursday (again) that was after I worked to get the fever down. That night his fever got up to 105.1 in the middle of the night. So we went back to the Dr first thing Thurs morn. This time we saw our Dr (who I LOVE) she said it could be a virus but his left tonsil was significantly larger than the right and said he might have an abscess in his tonsil which could need surgery if it got really bad...YIKES!!! So she gave us antibiotics and we went home. Around 5pm he started acting very irritable and cried for over an hour straight and nothing soothed him...I was gonna lose my mind!!! I finally got him to calm down in a bath and put him to bed. Over night he spiked a fever of 105.8 and i FREAKED OUT again. I needed to know what was wrong with my baby!!! So we went back to the Dr. Friday morning. She did blood tests and a mono test and gave him a shot of antibiotics b/c his tonsils both looked bad (which is better than just one being swollen). She called me a couple hours later with the results....Talan has MONO!!! I feel so much better knowing what is wrong with him. The fever can last for 7 to 11 days but last night was the first night with no fever!!! YAY!!! Hopefully he is getting better. He sure seemed like the happy, playful baby we know last night and he ate like a champ this morning which he hasn't done in a week. It was a scary week and I feel so bad having to call in sick for 3 days ( I have never done that) but my baby comes first!!! So when I go back to work on Monday...I will have had 10 days off in a row...could have gone on a trip somewhere. LOL!!!

1 comment:

Elisa said...

Aww poor little guy! Sure hope he is much better soon. Hugs from Florida, Elisa