Javi's Nana came over today to show us how to make Tamales. Javi took her to the store last week so she could show us what we needed to buy:


check out the size of these bowls!!!
even our neighbor Pablo came over and helped. It's alot of work but it didn't seem too bad since there was so much help.
We are still cooking them so I don't have a final count but I would say we made about 20 dozen....that's a lot of Tamales!!! Yummy!!!
Trey decorated some sugar cookies for Santa while we were making Tamales...I looked over at him and he was taking bites out of all the cookies while he decorated them! I guess he just wanted to make sure they were okay for Santa to eat!
15 lbs of Tamale Meat
20 lbs of Masa (corn dough)
3 bags of Ojas (corn husks)
1 Giant jar of spanish olives
1 lb chili powder
1 gallon can of chili paste
3 cloves of garlic
6 lbs of manteca (lard).....can you say "clogged arteries"?!?
we all helped...
we all helped...
even our neighbor Pablo came over and helped. It's alot of work but it didn't seem too bad since there was so much help.
and Talan just hung out in the kitchen with us watching all the action

No comments:
Post a Comment