Saturday, October 23, 2010

Apple Annie's Pumpkin Patch

OK....I'm finally back!!!! My first blog in a long time...I know and I apologize to my loyal blog readers.

Today we took the boys to pick pumpkins at Apple Annie's in Wilcox. The boys went last year with Erica, Tio Frankie and Tia Hope but this was our first time.










The boys had fun walking through the pumpkin patch and picking their pumpkins.
Susan had fun too!







We tried to get a good family picture but the kids wouldn't cooperate at the same time....typical!We also picked lots of green chilies, bell peppers, jalapenos and green beans. The boys loved helping with this. Talan was picking off the leaves and putting them into the bags.

Here the boys are bringing back jalapenos that they picked with Daddy.
This is them out in the field searching....


They tried to pull the cart themselves....

The field of sunflowers was BEAUTIFUL!!! From the moment we walked in, I think Trey was more interested in picking sunflowers than he was picking pumpkins.

I didn't realize that the main reason they weren't cooperating with the pictures is because the sun was right in their eyes...that's why Trey's face looks like this. In all of the other pictures they have their eyes closed....oops!

Too bad sunflowers don't smell....

Finally....a happy Trey with his sunflower. These are hard to pick by way. As we were walking back we saw people carrying clippers...for the sunflowers and pumpkins...duh!




Here is a little of what we first picked. We didn't realize how cheap everything was until we payed....then we went back and got LOTS more (see photo at the bottom).



Trey and Susan went through the corn maze while Javi, Talan and I got food. It took them about 30-40 minutes to get through it.


And here is what we came home with. Javi wanted lots of green chilies. I hope I can find enough recipes to use all of them.

And here are our 3 pumpkins.
It was a beautiful day and we had a great time! Now I'm gonna spend the evening on the Internet looking for recipes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelley I wanted to say hello and let you know how much I enjoyed the pictures from your trip to Apple Annie's LOVED LOVED it! Say hello to the family and give the boys a big hug from me.

Love you all very much!

Anonymous said...

P.S. I forgot to sign my name

Love you all very much,

Aenid LOL!