Sunday, August 15, 2010
Prickly Pear
I have been reading online about what desert tortoise like to eat. We have tried a few things but so far....prickly pear fruit is by far her favorite! We picked a few from the desert....and I got tons of little fine hair like thorns in my fingers. I was wondering if it was ok for Flash to eat the thorns....I asked Javi if he thought I should cut them open for her....his response was "are you serious? There's not a chef in the desert!" I did cut one open for her but she devoured the entire thing...so I guess it didn't matter anyway.
Trey took this picture....
She looks so funny with her magenta lipstick on...by the way, she likes to hang out in the shade under the grapefruit tree.
Today while we in the kitchen making dinner, we had a little sun shower outside and I looked out the window and saw Flash chillin' on top of her house getting a shower in the rain. I took this picture from the kitchen window. Trey made us laugh bc when he saw her, he said "it's like she is saying "I'm the king of the world".....he is so funny!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment